Gua Sha by Tribeca Skin Tonics
Gua Sha is an ancient Chinese massage tool used to boost circulation and relieve muscular tension. This technique lifts and contours facial muscles and de-puff the face. Designed to be part of your daily beauty ritual as you apply your favourite Tribeca oil to revitalise your skin.
How to use a gua sha
1. You can use a gua sha on the face, body and scalp, and it’s best to use with water or an oil such as the amazing Tribeca Glow Oil – but never on bare skin.
2. Hold the gua sha tool with the curved side to your face and glide it gently up and out, starting with the neck, jawline, chin and around the mouth, between three and five times per area. Always take short strokes in just one direction, not back and forth.
3. Next, press the tool flat to the skin, under the eyes or over any redness, to soothe and de-puff.
4. Work the tool in small horizontal strokes over the brow bone to lift, or hold and press upwards between the brows to release tension.
5. Stroke down the neck, never upwards, to drain fluid.
6. If you want to reduce puffiness, work lightly, then more firmly, to relax muscles